CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Work

Most of you probably know that I got a part-time job at a law office about 25 miles away from where I live. I pretty much do the billing and answer phones. It is all day MTH--that's all. 14 hours a week. Alexis slept in so I didn't get to say goodbye to her.

I am really actually pretty lucky, because two potentially catastrophic events turned out to have no affect on me or my day.

1. The Pennsylvania winds were 65 MILES PER HOUR yesterday; I could feel my small car being pushed in the direction of the wind while I was driving, and had to adjust the wheel several times. Well, while I was merging onto the interstate (you know, one of my favorite things--NOT!) the wind blew SO hard that my side mirror blew its whole way into the direction of my window--so I could not use that window while merging, and had to adjust it while driving. It was kind of freaky. No one got even close to getting hurt, and all is well.

2. The building I work in has a revolving door you have to push. Well, after lunch, when I thought I had made it all the way in, I walked straight into a glass wall, hitting my face and forehead into the glass. Whew! No injuries--but did anyone SEE me??? NO! THANK HEAVEN!!!

Alexis and Jared seemed to do great together while I was gone. She had a good night of sleep, so I am sure that helped. When I came home, she paused her run around the house to look at me, and then just kept going. She was more excited to see Pappie when he got home.

The lawyer and paralegal I work for are really nice and laid back. He did the JAG thing when he started out (just like Mark!).

When I drove up the driveway after work, Jared was outside seeing if any pieces of the house blew off (per Kelly's request). I also got a call from Kelly asking me to tell Kathy that I wanted to go to one of her least favorite places to eat (Burger King) when she gave me an option of where to go for dinner. He thought it would be funny, but I couldn't go through with it.

See ya!

5 comments:

Pitzaks said...

Well any job is a job. I'm so proud of Jared's 100%. You go Jared. I'm glad you have a nice boss. Good Luck!

Mom said...

What an adventure. Laura, you are so funny. I love hearing about your adventures. Good Luck to Jared. We're proud of him. Love to you all.

Meri said...

How did mom instill the fear of highways onto you and Evan? Did she instill her fear of spilt pea soup too!!!! Congratulaions on the job, and a big high five to Jared for showing them he is the best man for the job! AND good girl Lexie for not making your mom feel guilty for working!

Siddoways said...

That story was so YOu (and me- it must be a Larsen girl thng) See the work thing is no biggie. At least she is hanging with family all day. Work will be fine until something better comes along for all of you.

Mom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.