CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Here we are!!!

As many of you know, Jared and I decided to end with the Masters, move in with his parents in PA and live in survival mode until he finds a real job (all prayers are apprecaited). It was hard to leave our home of 3 1/2 years, where Jared and I really grew together as a couple, had our first baby and made friends, but it is also nice to be around lots of family now.

There are many things I will miss about SC, and many things I won't miss.

I will miss
1. Our friends
2. Our ward
3. Ingles Grocery store--always said hi to me and asked how my baby was doing if she wasn't with me.
4. The friendly people
5. Nettles Park
6. The accents
7. The low cost of living
8. La fiesta Grill
9. The nice workers at Wal-mart
8. The water that made my hair look shiny
9. The more humid winters which kept my skin from drying up and cracking.
10. The lakes (which are not very lakey right now).

I won't miss
1. THE ROACHES!
2. The heat
3. The road kill
4. The cable company
5. The red dirt
6. The summer humidity which made all our food go bad quickly--even canned goods.
7. The yearly ice storms
8. The close following cars
9. The lack of sarcasm
10. The limited resources in a small town

Alexis is having a BALL in PA. Lots of toys and attention. She LOVES having her cousin Morgan close by; she follows her everywhere--Morgan wishes Lexi understood English a little better though. Both wards, in SC and PA, were SO great in helping us move. SC had to deal with my dissorganized packing, and PA worked moving us in REALLY cold weather and ice. They sure keep it COLD in PA.

2 comments:

Pitzaks said...

I'm so glad you made it safe and sound. I've been putting off calling you so I wouldn't disrupt the packing. Do you have a new phone? Let me know. Love you and good luck with your new, hopefully temporary life?

Becka Babe said...

I'm happy to hear you made it safe as well. :)
I cant believe you wont miss those people who tailgate you, now why would you miss that?!?!?