Okay, so I am the worst blogger ever. Sorry.
The last blog worthy event in our lives was last week, when Kathy and Kelly took all their kids, grandkids, and Jordan's friend Aaron to the beach. They rented a three bedroom beach house in Ocean City, MD and all ten of us stayed together and didn't even argue (now that I think of it). Ocean city was awesome. Like, in 20 minutes there were about 10 miniature golf places and about 15 icecream shops. We also went to the boardwalk (I never knew that the the boardwalk was actually made of board). I bought a pink cap that says Ocean City Maryland on it. Alexis got a couple of new toys won by her Pappi and some random teenager that didn't want to keep the Tazmanian Devil he won.
I went boogie boarding--kind of. Nothing too crazy, but I did get really beaten up by the waves; this was mostly the case when Jared and Kelly were trying to "help" me--which basically meant I stood there not understanding what was going on and then them yelling at me, which seemed like out of nowhere, to "Jump!" Anyway, here are some pictures of my first boogie boarding experience:
Alexis was afraid of the sand and just wanted to sit in someone's lap while eating 'Nilla Wafers or pretzels. Kathy burned her hand really bad several weeks ago so she was pretty good with holding her since she couldn't get in the water or have sand fly in her hand wrap. Friday, though, Alexis was making breaks for it. Fortunately that was our last day. Friday was definitely the highlight of the week because that is when everyone got injured--particularly Kelly. He was boogie boarding (the waves were pretty bad) and we think he dislocated his shoulder. We will never know for sure because he had Jamie and Matt pop it back in for him. I took a picture, on the sly, of Jamie doing it. Here:
If you look you can see that Kelly's loving sons thought it was pretty hilarious. However, Kelly's arm still hurt him, and Matt was really worried that if Kelly waited too long he would end up going to the hospital too late and would end up missing the sea food buffet. So he called for an EMT. Here are the pictures of a) the EMT trying to put Kelly's shoulder back in the socket (I took that one on the sly too) and b) Kelly being wisked away on the back of the "hunky" EMT/lifegaurd's motorcycle. You can see that Jordan and his friend Aaron (and trust me, Jared and Matt too) thought it was awesomely hilarious.
It turned out Kelly ripped a ligament in his shoulder. Here is a picture of Kelly after he came back from the hospital in all his pain-inflicted, drugged up, groggy glory:
Not only that, but Jordan got his face beat up by the sand while he was boogie boarding . . .
We think people at church on Sunday thought Jordon got in a fight at first.
Also, Matt popped his eardrum in the ocean.
When Kelly got injured Jared was boarding on the same wave, hit the ground, saw a flash of light, and then felt woozy. Apparently Kelly was calling for Jared to help him, but Jared wasn't completely conscious. Jared ended up better than the rest though.
Even with all that, we still made it to the sea food buffet. I had a chicken ceasar salad.
Now, most who read this blog really care more about seeing pictures of Alexis--so here are some random pics of her at the beach--mostly playing with her awesome cousin.
I will do a random post in the next week of random pictures and telling you about some of the crazy things our silly baby girl is doing these days. I could NEVER tell you about all the crazy things she does.
Highlights Week 52
3 years ago
7 comments:
That was the best post ever!!!!!!!!!! Excitement, drama, humor...you nailed it! The ocean looked like it ate you alive, I am so impressed you went in there, I never would. I see more of you in Alexis than I ever did. Amen to the cesear salad!
That's so crazy everyone got hurt like that! It sounds like it was worth it for everyone though.
Ooops, this is VoNique, not RaNae, I was helping my sister with her blog and apparently am still signed in under her name. I shouldn't have said anything and just left you wondering "who the heck is that lady, blog-stalking me!?!"
That blog was priceless. Those are memories that you will always be able to look back on. It sounds like fun, fun, fun. At least when everyone is on the mend. You guys all look just great and Alexis is so adorable. We miss all the Smith family so much.
FINALLY!!! I've been checking everyday to she if you blogged. I thought you dropped off the planet. I'm glad you guys got a vacation, what fun and memories. I'm still gealous at how much hair your daughter has.
That was an awesome post. Lexi is adorable and looks alot like you. I think Lexi has more meat on her bones then Blake..Good girl. I bet she had a blast..
she looks cute and you very happy
and her hair is long .love you guys
Post a Comment