Okay, so I have been lazy. However, I really think I would have posted pictures sooner if I could have found my USB adaptor thingy. Anyway, Kelly found it and now I can update you on our little lives. There really hasn't been anything that exciting. Easter was fun. Uncle Jordan came down, and Lexi went on three Easter Egg hunts. Morgan did her best to show Lexi the ropes, but Lexi was more interested in running around than picking up easter Eggs. Here are some pics from Easter:
Kathy and Kelly also got a riding lawn mower. I wanted to ride it, and Kelly let me. It was really hard though; I am BARELY tall enought to reach the breaks, so it made stopping REALLY nerve racking. Also, the grass was bumpy and I kept feeling like I would fall off. Kelly decided to finish, with a little help from Alexis.
There was also a ward talent show, and Kelly (with the help of Matt) was the Mighty Midget. He jumped rope, did leg lifts with one finger on a soda bottle, shaved . . . The kids LOVED it!
Also, Morgan and Alexis's friendship is really growing. Those two are HILARIOUS together. They were at the park the other day, and every child Morgan came close to she explained, "That little girl, that is Lexi, my cousin." She didn't introduce HERSELF to anyone, just Alexis. In Nusery last week (Alexis's first day) Morgan and her had a grand ol' time, and Alexis was really upset when Morgan had to leave to go to the bathroom. When Morgan left the bathroom, she ZOOMED passed Pappie like he wasn't even there (very unusual), SWUNG open the Nursery door and cried, "LEXI! I'm BACK!" Kelly thought it was pretty hilarious.
Here is a picture and video of Alexis with a new favorite toy:
So, that is what we have been doing. We saw Kathy's Cousin Raegan play in his band last Saturday. He is really good! I was impressed how this band of men, who have been playing together for 30 years (Raegan has been in it for 10) are so good at what they do.
Also, on a more pathetic note, and dented and scratched the side of the Kia on Sunday. I was trying to get around the old Toyota in the driveway, and just guessed wrong. I was so upset--but it is still driveable. Kelly and a friend think they can make it look better for pretty cheap. We have a $500 deductible on our insurance, which we really can't pay right now. I don't really want to talk about that anymore.
I miss everyone, and hope they are having a great spring. Alexis LOVES the outside. She is talking SO much. She will say pretty much anything now if you ask her to. She is learning to count and learning to sing more songs. She has so much personality people are always saying, "I have never seen a happier baby." May I add a more dramatic one?

5 comments:
I am sorry about your car, that is so so sad, I feel your pain.
Cousins are awesome! Max, Jack, Rozi and Lewis have a special closeness that just melts my heart. I am glad Lexie has a friend. I cannot wait to someday see my smart and sassy niece again!
What Lexie sings and is begining to count? Man Blake is really behind... or just lazy. I am happy you have family around. I feel pretty isolated and alone here. Good luck on everything.
I love Lexi's new toy! She is adorable.
We just got back from our trip, which was nicer than you'd expect, under the circumstances. Jared, I haven't bought a belated birthday card for a long time, but between my trip to Grandpa's and Uncle Evan's funeral trip, I'm way behind. Happy birthday and the card will be in the mail whenever I am able to get one. Love to all of you and loved the pictures. Thanks.
Way cute pictures!
Post a Comment