CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 15, 2010

Five Years! For Real?



Today Jared and I have been married five years. This picture was taken about 7 months into our marriage (right before we moved to Clemson). I can't believe I have been married that long and Jared is probably wondering how he survived.

When I first met Jared I immediately thought he was super cute. Everyone I knew already started pairing us together because we were both short. I didn't think I was his type, and the more I got to know him the more I thought that. He loved to talk about his "Fear of Commitment" and I didn't feel like being anybody's "fling." He was also more than five years older and I thought that was just wrong. For about three months or so he would come over to my apartment every day and stay until my roomies and I kicked him out at midnight (or seven minutes after--for some reason). We developed a fun friendship and a couple weeks before I was going back home for the summer he asked me out. After a couple weeks of dating I started wondering if Jared lied to me about his "Fear of Commitment."

My mother loved him before she met him because of his name. "Oh! I LOVE the name Jared! What is his last name? Oh! Smith is such a strong name!"

Jared convinced me to move back to Provo during the summer because we both had some academic decisions to make and he wanted to see if we really worked. I thought the fall would have been fine but he was very persuasive. Good thing I came back early because two weeks later he told me he wanted to marry me.

Jared loves me more than I thought anyone ever could, and I still think he is super cute and I still can't understand what it is he saw in me. Jared and I have grown and learned a lot over the past five years. I grew up with mostly females and he grew up with three brothers (no sisters). Looking back I realize HOW young I was when I married him (and how young HE was--I thought 26 was old at the time). I always felt Heavenly Father wanted us to be together and I still believe that. I know as our family grows I will understand the reason for that more and more.

I love you, Jared!

8 comments:

Mom said...

What a beautiful tribute to your marriage. I don't ever want to be without your father. When I leave this world, I'm taking Dad by his hand and taking him with me.
Happy Anniversary.

Liz said...

Happy anniversary! It's wonderful to hear you're so happy. Here's to many more years together. :-)

Krys said...

Laura...that post seriously made me teary-eyed...it was so beautiful and so sincere...I really need to come visit you soon...I actually don't have classes on Fridays (so every weekend is a 3-day weekend for me)...so let me know a weekend that works for you!

Pitzaks said...

Oh marriage, isn't it great? five years is really something. Happy Anniversary. Good luck on the years to come.

Meri said...

I know what he saw in you! You are a catch Laura!

I'm so happy you guys could celebrate in your new place, with a new job, able to lood forward to the rest of your lives!

Happy Anniversary Laura and Jared! The best is yet to come!

christian y alin said...

happy anniversary! i remember that summer and the time we went to cancun and you talk about jared how you meet him and that you were friends,he saw a beautifull humble sweet girl ,love you both congratulations on this 5 years

Siddoways said...

Yea happy anniversary. Five years is a really long time...congrats!!! Hope you have or had a fun date.

Evan said...

I guess I can trust Jared now. Back then, he was the dubious man dating my BABY sister. Happy Anniversary. I am very happy for you.