Sorry for the lack of pictures--but there haven't been many taken lately. I will tell you we are doing fine. We found a place to live 1/2 hour closer to Jared's work and we are moving in on SATURDAY! AHH! Of course 95 percent of our stuff is already packed and in storage, but still. And then there is the whole UNPACKING thing which I am dreading, and Jared is dreading the process as well because I get so stressed.
We are moving into a cute little town home with nice neighbors and a shared yard area--which our neighbors won't really use because they are all retired or something.
I also quit my job (not because I was angry at it or anything)--because after putting a couple of things into consideration we decided me working didn't bring in quite enough money to make it worth it. Also, I don't really have anyone to watch Alexis if she is sick--and that is a HUGE pain. Monday is my last day. I am going to try to find a child to keep instead. My boss understood and said he actually figured we would be moving closer to Jared's work soon anyway, so thought I was going to leave before too long. He also said he thought I was doing the right thing by focusing on my daughter instead of work(his opinion in general about families--even though he is divorced with no kids). I enjoyed working there. He and the paralegal were nice, and it was kind of funny hearing and witnessing some of crazy situations that come up in a law office that does Civil, Criminal, Personal Injury, and Family Law and stuff. They, while being really professional, were also good at seeing the lighter side of things in complicated situations. It is kind of sad that I hope I never have to go in there again--for obvious reasons ;).
Anyway, I will try not to take too long to post again. Maybe I will post more about the move--but I might not want to.
Highlights Week 52
3 years ago
7 comments:
Yay! I'm so happy for you guys. I'm sure being closer to work will be so nice for Jared, and it's always great to have your own space. Other than dealing with the boxes you filled with stuff you didn't know what to do with before the move, I find that unpacking is way more fun than packing. Also, I tend a little girl a couple afternoons a week and it's a pretty easy source of a little extra income. Good luck with that!
I'm praying that you'll be surprised at how much fun moving is going to be. Well, what can I say. I believe in miracles. I always enjoy your updates, happy or not, because I love to hear your perspective on life. I enjoy you. And I love you. Mom
I totally understand...I HATE moving! However, I am happy that you found a place to live. I wish you luck...sometimes things aren't as bad as you think they will be.(I'll keep my fingers crossed!)
Nice to hear from you, and I look forward to seeing some pictures of Lexi in your new home that's all put together:)
How exciting!!!!! That is great news!!!
I had to do my time watching little ones and it worked for us. So nice to be able to stay home with Lexie!
I can't wait to get more info on the new place! And it is so nice you are still close enough to pop over to your inlaws when you want.
Congrats!
Love you guys!
Let me know when it is a good time to come visit. I'm guessing after Thanksgiving. I kinda don't want to wait until Christmas time. We should see each other more then once while I'm in Charlottesville. Maybe we can found a town to meet in the middle. That way it's only an hour and fifteen minute drive for both of us. Good luck with moving. It stinks, but when you're all done you have a nice organized clean house for a while.
I am really happy to hear that things are working out. Have fun in your new place. I hope you don't forget to take Alexis with you when you move. I was left at Cinnabar when we moved to Earls Ct.
Wow! Moving really is a lot of work. I should know, I've done it about 50 times. My family moved around a lot when I was growing up. But, even though it is stressful, it is exciting and fun too! You'll have to let us know more about your new place once you get settled in.
Post a Comment