Here is a somewhat long video montage of Lexi's birthday. The first video is of her biggest crush playing with her (Darrell, a YSA in our ward). When Alexis first saw him she was only two months old--but laughed and giggled, almost as much as in this video, just at the mere sight of him. It is pretty hilarious how, even a year later, every time she sees him she sees stars.
During the week she had two birthday cakes and some good presents. These were taken over a month ago, and everyone will probably find them pretty boring--with Mom as the exception.
Also, here is a video of Alexis walking. She has a harder time with the wood floors and the socks making her slip, but she is trying really hard. She hates to wear shoes. Sorry it is dark--I guess I need to take videos in daylight.
Last, and least, I got a hair cut and color. It was a birthday present after I spent 11 months without doing anything with my hair.
If it looks like I had been crying for two days in these pictures, it is because I had been. I lost my wedding ring on Tuesday and still haven't found it. Jared and I took turns going through three bags of trash--even opening up old diapers. We checked the traps in the sinks, cleaned out my drawers, but nothing. I love that ring and hope I will find it. It just fell off my finger. It is winter time so my fingers are thinner, and I am thinner than when I got married (and no, Mom, I haven't gotten too skinny. I asked Jared and he says I'm fine--he doesn't like the bony look).
Anwyway, we hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving--and hope you have an even happier Christmas. I will try to be more consistent in posting.


4 comments:
I enjoyed every minute of it, and the butt scooting at the end was the hilareous!
Your hair is cute. Lexi will be going full throttle real soon. But if the floors are too slick, she's real good at the "bottom scooting". When you get the first box, open it. It's Lexi's Christmas dress. Lyla's getting one just like it. They can be twins, just a few states away from each other. Thanks for the posts. I love them.
happy birthday lexi and laura im sorry about your ring hopefully you will find it.you look cute and not too skiny
I just realized there was more to your blog! I REALLY like your hair and I am so sorry about your ring. It's one of those things you will find months later in the most unexpected, crazy place. I would lend you one of my rings, but I am sure your fingers are much smaller then mine were even 15years ago before I had the boys. Maybe there will be a Christmas miracle and you will find it. I have found that things such as this are often in the deep deep recesses of the couch. Good Luck!
Post a Comment