CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Poor Baby!

Well, as many of you know, Alexis was born a miserable sleeper. It has been an ongoing sruggle for her entire little life, and every time it started to get better, she would always revert back to her old habits. She started waking up about every two hours, and wanted to be held and to play. I tried letting her cry, but she popped a little blister on her toe (she constantly rubs her feet together) and bled all over her sheets. Well, the blister was healed, and it was time to let her cry again. It has gotten much butter, and she will sleep in six hour stretches! Sometimes we still have to let her cry, but I will not pick her up and feed her unless it has been at least six hours. I hate hearing her cry, and did the "cry it out" thing at four months to teach her to fall asleep, she just didn't learn to STAY asleep. Anyway, although we are all more well rested, her little voice was so pathetic after hours of crying. Here is a little sample (although she wasn't very vocal at the time).

5 comments:

Pitzaks said...

oh poor little thing. I'm at least glad it's starting to work. I know it's hard but stay the course.

Mom said...

She's rubbing her eyes like she's tired. Go to sleep, little baby. But she's adorable and I'm glad that her sleepless little self is here, even if it is difficult being her parents.

christian y alin said...

she looks so tired reminds me of someone i know that didnt sleep oh thats rigth that had to be christian .hopefully she will be better soon take care she is soo cute love alicia

Siddoways said...

Holy she is adorable. I cant believe how much hair she has! It is funny to see her and how similar she is to Blake.

Kathryn said...

It's so good to hear from you!! I remember you guys, we were at your wedding! Yes, Brett is a daddy! Our little Bella is 15 months already. Alexis is beautiful! She is such a cutie! Are you guys still in Utah? Keep in touch!